Subject: Channel 9

——– Original message ——–
From: Bernice <bernicej1221@ameritech.net>
Date: 03/04/2013 5:11 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: Gary Norton <mayornorton@eastcleveland.org>
Subject: Channel 9

Mr. Mayor, why is there no coverage of the City Council Meetings?  There is no way for us residents to know what is going on in East Cleveland without the meetings.

Do the right thing when no one is looking.

Be kinder than necessary,
for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
Live simply,

From: mayornorton <mayornorton@eastcleveland.org>
To: bernicej1221@ameritech.net
Sent: Mon, March 4, 2013 12:43:43 PM
Subject: RE: Channel 9

Council meetings are aired as soon as the dvd is given to us.  In some cases, no dvd is given to us, so no meeting is aired.

In the past, when William fambrough filmed council meetings, Council aired mored frequently and reliably with higher quality video and audio.  Council no longer wants fambrough to film and air its meetings.

Sent from my Galaxy S®III
——– Original message ——–
From: Bernice <bernicej1221@ameritech.net>
Date: 03/04/2013 1:37 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: mayornorton <mayornorton@eastcleveland.org>
Subject: Re: Channel 9

Thank you for your prompt reply.  Could you please air the last Council meeting in its’ entirety.  I see that only the public comments section was aired.

Do the right thing when no one is looking.

Be kinder than necessary,
for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
Live simply,

From: mayornorton <mayornorton@eastcleveland.org>
To: bernicej1221@ameritech.net
Sent: Mon, March 4, 2013 2:13:03 PM
Subject: Re: Channel 9

Unfortunately the council videographer did not show up at the  council meeting, so there is no video of the whole meeting.  Actually, the public comment portion is what I was able to record on my ipad, which I brought into the meeting after seeing that no one was recording it.  Again, no recording of the full meeting exists because council’s videographer did not show up.

Sent from my Galaxy S®III

From: Bernice [mailto:bernicej1221@ameritech.net]
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2013 4:58 PM
To: Mayor Norton
Subject: Re: Channel 9

Thank you.  Alright.  I am told that the videographer has not been paid.  Who is responsible for paying his bill?

Do the right thing when no one is looking.

Be kinder than necessary,
for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
Live simply,

—– Forwarded Message —-
From: Mayor Norton <mayornorton@eastcleveland.org>
To: Bernice <bernicej1221@ameritech.net>
Sent: Mon, March 4, 2013 5:07:33 PM
Subject: RE: Channel 9

There is no valid contract in place for the videographer.  No payment can be made without a contract in place.

Forwarded message —–
From: “Bernice” <bernicej1221@ameritech.net>
To: “Barbara Thomas” <angle4564@sbcglobal.net>, “Chantelle C Lewis” <chantelleclewis@aol.com>, “Joy Jordan” <drjoyjordan@yahoo.com>, “Mansell Baker” <mansellbaker2@gmail.com>
Subject: Channel 9 please share with Nathaniel Martin
Date: Thu, Mar 7, 2013 6:47 PM

I just caught the end of a 1/13/2013 Council meeting a few minutes ago.  Don’t know where that came from.  Curious this meeting aired after my communications with you folks on one hand and the Mayor on the other.  You know, I have an IPAD and I do not think I could get such good camera coverage in that big room.  I will have to try.

This is a back and forth conversation I had with the mayor.  This is what drove me to ask the questions yesterday.  I still want to know the answers.  We have a right to see what is transpiring at the council meetings.  My mission is to get these meetings televised.  I also want to know when all the layoffs are going to begin.  I am tired of the propaganda from just one side!    Also, Chantelle, you passed out something at this meeting (recommendations from Yost?)..How can I get a copy?
If anyone wants to call me I am at 216 851-8074.

Do the right thing when no one is looking.

Be kinder than necessary,